Hey y'all, I am so excited for my very first blog post! After getting lots of lovely suggestions from my Tumblr followers, I decided to start with summer essentials. School is out and the sun is shining, so grab your Coronas and hit the water. These are some of my must-haves for the season:
1. J.Crew Chinos (3 inch inseam): While we've all (hopefully) graduated from our Hollister hoochie shorts, there's nothing wrong with showing some leg. These are a staple in my summer wardrobe and come in all sorts of bright colors, which is perfect for this time of year. Pair them with a plain tee to keep things casual or a nice blouse to dress it up.
2. Rainbow Flip Flops: There is no way to describe these other than the absolute best. They're insanely comfortable, which is oh so important when it comes to flip flops, very durable, and they go with everything. While it may seem a little pricey (they run for about $50), it is worth every penny. I have a similar pair from Vineyard Vines that I got for around the same price (I just can't resist that little whale), they are nowhere near as comfy. When it comes to flip flops, go Rainbow!
3. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer: I'll be the first to admit, I am a tanning junkie. While I'm fully aware of the negative aspects, tan skin is a great compliment to any outfit. This moisturizer is a great, safe alternative to laying out. Not only does it give you a fanastic, natural looking color over the course of a few days, but you'll be streak-free too! After trying countless self-tanners, this is definitely my go-to. While I can't say much about the moisturizing benefits (I actually found it to be a little drying), it definitely delivers that summer glow we all crave.
4. Seersucker Everything Tote: Summer is full of trips to the beach, lake, and pool, and what better way to bring your towel and sunscreen than in an adorable, monogrammed tote? I'm a sucker for all things seersucker (and monogrammed), so when I saw this, I fell in love.
5. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm: I just can't say enough good things about this! I get horribly dry lips, but this leaves them smooth, moisturized, and renewed. It also has SPF 20 and comes in some subtle tints, as well as clear.
6. Lilly Pulitzer Acrylic Tumbler with Straw: Not only is it adorable, but it will keep your drink ice cold, even on those unbearably hot days. Plus, I don't know, I think it's pretty cool that it has a straw!
Well, there you have it! Leave a comment letting me know what y'all thought and tell me some of your own summer essentials! xo